Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tomato roast


My mom used to make this dish since we luvd it with chappathi. Its a quick n easy dish yet too tasty.. After marriage, I used to try this at my home but it neva gave me THE taste of my mom's hands.. and hence, I was particular that I wud call her n record the conversation to get the right amount of ingredients for that matters..Still not satisfied, I went down to her n made her prepare it before me! See, am I not taking extra care to give u THE best?! And guess what, my mommy dearest dint show any disinterest to prepare the dish for me even after a long day's work.

Now this is Mili speaking on behalf of her beloved mother :)

Juicy red tomato : 4 nos.
Onion : 1 big sliced finely in length
Green chilly : 4 - 5 nos.
Garam masala : a pinch
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tspn
Red chilly powder : 1 tspn
Fennel seeds powder : 1/2 tspn
Mustard seeds : 1/4 tspn
Red chilly : 2 nos.
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
Salt : as required
Oil : 2 tbspn

Take a kadai n heat the oil in it, season mustard seeds n allow it to splutter, then add red chillies cut into pieces n curry leaves and saute for a minute. Now, add finely sliced onions and green chillies each slit n cut into two along with required salt and saute till golden brown. Add 1/4 tspn fennel seed powder. Now add the finely sliced tomatoes, turmeric powder and chilly powder and saute thoroughly. Cover n cook under low flame, sauteing occasionally. Do not add water to cook since the water from tomatoes would be enough for the dish to get cooked. U can b sure that your tomato roast is ready once the tomatoes get completely mashed and the oil starts to appear in the sides. Serve hot or cold, as u wish along with chappathi/roti/puri!
kerala

No comments:

Contact form